Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It Looks Like a Big Green Blob


But on, it's another cute vest. I was intrigued by the fiber blend in Briar Rose's Tuscany, which is wool and flax. This top is knit using Harrisville's wool/flax blend. Up close, there's a lot of beautiful heathery colors blended with the pine green. I've been wearing it, for the past two days with a top I bought at J. Jill, a little burgundy flower print t-shirt. The Man said, "why are you wearing a pajama top?" I don't normally wear a lot of prints, and this shirt is a departure for me. There's still two more Tuscany tanks planned, one for me, and one for my mom. You may start noticing a trend. I'm embracing big knits this season. I was reading Wendy's blog a few weeks ago, and there was discussion of larger sized women wearing bulky knits. It's like a lightbulb went off. It is a matter of proportion. Just like I would look silly carrying a tiny handbag. I'll draw the line a big and fluffy, but bulkier yarns I think are looking just fine. I tried some hats on Piccolo this morning that I knit for the book, and took some hiliarious photos of her "I'm mad with you" expressions. Not much got accomplished today, but my hair is looking good, as a large part of the afternoon was spent getting it cut and colored. After voting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will finally turn my way, and I can feel good about this country again.

No comments: