Saturday, April 07, 2007

Blue, Times Two


I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. I may be awake with the help of 976-WAKE, multiple alarm clocks, and caffeine, but not fully functional. Here is proof. Last December, my sister took me to the pre-inventory sale at A Knitted Peace in Littleton, Colorado. I had scoped out the selections the day before, and had some Berroco Ultra Alpaca in mind for an Ariann. We got to the sale about 7:15 AM, and my desired color was gone so it was on to plan B. We got yarn for a vest for M (which is about 80% complete), and I purchased some Arucania Nature Wool Chunky for me. This is the Central Park hoodie from Fall 2006 Knitscene. I found out a few days ago that I had purchased two different colors. They looked the same to me that early in the morning. So, I'm knitting with both. Alternating every two rows. I have a little more of one, so I'll be doing the bands in that color. It looks not bad so far. You can see the two different balls in this shot. I'm thinking I want to do a little pocket treatment on the front, so I have a real functional walking Piccolo on the street type sweater.

1 comment:

Kim said...

The color is a great choice - it is nice to see the Hoodie in something other than green Donagel. I like the subtle difference in the colors too!