Monday, July 09, 2007

It's the Heat


I hate being hot. Even a short excursion takes the life out of me in this heat. I live with a Man who loves it. I was home in between errands today, and the Man arrived home, not feeling well. Denying that he had also succumbed to excessive heat. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the show next week has comfortable weather. I've had heat poisoning before, and it's a horrible feeling.

For the most part, I find summer knitting to be not so satisfying. I don't wear sleeveless well with flag arms, so unless I can wear a little 3/4 sleeved t-shirt underneath, shells are out for me. There's not too many cottons that I like to knit with either. I did find something that's not too bothersome to knit with, and washes up really well. It's worsted weight Euroflax linen, color Cedarwood. I resurrected my favorite Rosebud pattern for a summer version, so I knit a double strand to achieve gauge. Mods added to this one were some vertical darts in front. I like this stuff so much, that I'm using it for another Briar Rose pattern, a summer version of their Sleeveless Eyelet Sweater.