Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Turn


This weekend in the Lucky Penny household, it's my turn to be sick. I've got a cold. Runny nose, cough, and now my teeth are starting to itch, which means my sinuses are messed up. Feeling totally not motivated, but motivated to get back into production. This is reruns and leftovers, right? This summer my knitting machine (which I started using for the body of production pieces) has become a catch all for loose papers and assorted quantities of yarn. I have decided that the stand that came with the machine bugs me. It has to be in a certain position for all the legs to stay in place, and a leg will pop out without much provocation. So, I'm on the hunt for a cheap, but sturdy, little console table that I can clamp the machine to. So far, the only candidates are some computer work stations from Ikea. Which means a long drive to get one.
Piccolo is modeling a gift for my friend David. On my last trip to San Francisco, we went to ArtFibers, where I purchased the yarn and pattern for this scarf. It's a silk and wool blend called Sumo. It took me forever to get this done, with all the other distractions. The scarf is now on it's way to David. I think this color and fiber is elegant for a man to wear with his work attire, especially an arty man. It's nice to have a man who appreciates knitted gifts. I'm still trying to find that Elizabeth Zimmerman dickey I made a few years ago for the Man. My plan, if I ever find it, is to re-gift it to him.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there!
Ah, this little doggie is so adorable.
Later...
Julian
www.ijulian.blogspot.com

sweetfigs said...

Ooo, I hope you feel better fast. Sinus infections can be so awful!

sturdygirl said...

that's a gorgeous scarf. i'm sure your friend David will love it!

also, i am very curious about which yarn is turning out to be not so great...i'll ask you tomorrow!

Cori said...

That is a beautiful scarf. Love the colors. Happened across your site when I was doing a google search on "italian greyhound" sweater patterns. Then saw your name and had to post a "hi". I rarely see the same spelling.

Corinne said...

When I saw your name come up in my e-mail, I thought, what? I didn't make a comment on my blog! The real test is how do you pronounce it? I'm Kor-een.