Sunday, October 28, 2007

665


That's how many miles I drove this weekend. My car's now nearly dead, after 157,00+ miles. The engine would cut off if I let it idle too low. So, at a stop I would have to put the car in park and keep my foot on the gas. I was so afraid the car would stop and not start again, that I was afraid to go to a rest stop to use the facilities. I didn't have a diaper available to do the astronaut thing, so I risked the stop. Let me tell you, the Indiana rest stop bathroom is disgusting.

So, I had fun this weekend, and it was nice to get away from all the chaos. As it turns out, more chaos may ensue as I could possibly add two more shows to my schedule. For the first time ever in Lucky Penny history I may not have enough inventory to support all that activity. The show highlight for me was my dear internet friend Kim drove down to meet me at the show, and buy some sweaters for her dogs. That's how I shop, too. I get determined to get something, and I go for it.
Like my trip to Threadbear. Damage was done. I'm dying to start on that sweater that I have in mind, but it will likely get put on hold for the next few weeks as I ramp up dog sweater production. I'll provide a more detailed wrap up of Fiber Expo when I get those five photos I took downloaded.

In the bad Karma will get you department, I had a voice mail message from the cold hearted building owner, about her apartment, responding to the message I left last week, before I spoke to her. She doesn't remember if she made contact with me, but wanted to let me know that the apartment was still available. I hope it remains open all winter!

The photo is pedicure socks, one now done. In Blue Moon Fiber Arts Twist, (looks like the same stuff that is used for Briar Rose Fourth of July) on size four needles.

No comments: