Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Be Careful What You Say


Didn't I once say that I wasn't a shawl person? I think this may have turned me over. If you attended the Knitter's Connection in Columbus this past weekend, you may have seen this item in the Briar Rose Fibers booth. It's the Oh Canada stole from Knitspot. I adore Chris Roosien, the artist that creates Briar Rose. Such an amazing talent, and the nicest person. I don't feel that comfortable knitting lace, but how can I say no to her? This was totally fun to make, and the fiber was heavenly. It's called Glory Days, and it's dk weight Blue Faced Leicester. The project used less than one 1000 yard hank for the tall sized stole. If I were making it for myself, I might do a few more lace repeats for added length. I'm going to see Chris at the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair next month, and I'm so excited to see her, and I totally can't resist her yarny offerings. I do want to make this stole again for me. Along with some other projects. If you can't make it to McHenry this July, you'll be able to find Briar Rose at the Michigan Fiber Festival, and the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival.