Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's Not Work, It's Pleasure


I'm in the checkout line at Whole Foods, and the clerk asks what kind of dog I have when he sees the dog food I'm purchasing.  I tell him, and the comment is, "she must be a handful."  I reply, "no, not at all.  She's just cuddly."  There's really no aspect to Piccolo care that I find to be a chore.  Even picking up stuff.  I often feel so full of love for her that I'll just explode. 
My work schdule is suddenly lighter, and I will have more time to devote to Lucky Penny, finally.
It's a good thing.  I was hooked up over the weekend by someone to a new store.  It's the coolest place, ever.  I guess you would call it a "lifestyle" store.  It offers decorating and event planning services, and lovely gifty items, and tasteful locally made decorative items and furniture.  I dropped sweaters off there last evening to find a little impromptu party.  I like a few glasses of wine when I'm calling on a shop, I've found.  Sort of resisting the desire to go there every night.  The proprietors are delightful company.
The shop is called ReArrange, and it's in Chicago at 2064 N. Damen Ave.  Phone 773-583-4703.

No comments: