Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Motha Load


I had fun today.  I went with Mary to a shop in Naperville, Stitches-N-Stuffing, and hit the mother load of Denyse Schmidt fabrics on sale.  For a few, I just took what was left on the bolt.  I've been hunkered down knitting dog sweaters, and found myself just itching to sew.  I'm putting the finishing touches on this super large Sunshine and Shadow for our bed.  I've got some ideas for the back using scraps from the front along with a bolt of the beige colored fabric with daisies (bought what was left on the bolt, 8+ yards, a few weeks ago.  I'm also thinking about and making more Piccolo quilts, and cooking up our travel quilts in my head. 
We had a yummy lunch at the place next door, Katy's Dumpling House.   It seems as if the best quilt shops are also near by some great places to eat. 
So much left to do!  More dog sweaters, and binding two gift quilts for Christmas. 

No comments: