Monday, January 04, 2010

Now, With Knitting Content!


I'm not going to post a wrap up of my 2009 activites.  If you want them, refer to the archives.  All of the little snippets of misery from 2009 will not be in the blog moving forward, because I've been removed from the source for the last month.  It's been a good month, although there's some lingering paranoia regarding thinking people are wondering where I am, or I hear some kind of phatom pager.  I'm going to try my best not to go back, and these next few months are going to be about establishing a routine for this home based business model.  The only traces of last year in the coming weeks will be some projects that were completed, and now I'm able to share because I have my own camera, finally!
This is October Frost from Lisa Lloyd's book, A Fine Fleece.  Which is like a Joy of Cooking for cable knitting enthusiasts.  Lots of sweaters in there that I would like to make and wear.  I treated myself to some Cormo at last summer's Michigan Fiber Festival.  I ran out of yarn when it came time to knit the button bands, and contacted the vendor for more, but she sent a hank of darker colored yarn.  I found a closer match at The Knitting Workshop, some Rowan Pure Life British Sheep, so I could get the sweater into wardrobe rotation.  I anticipate finishing lots of waiting projects, even though, ironically, I have fewer places to go at the moment.