Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mosquito Soup

Summer misery continues in the Lucky Penny household.  I hardly spend any time out in the heat, but I'm still completely gnawed on my the nasty strain of mosquitos.  I swear, there were even some in the apartment.  Piccolo's been to the vet for an ear infection, I'm sure it was exacerbated by this heat.  When will we be able to wear wool again?  It's just going be be hotter and more humid for the next few days.  I need a cold drink.
This is my current travel in my purse project.  There will be steeking to follow, but for now, while I'm past the hem, it's just knitting a tube.  The yarn is Briggs and Little Sport, from Schoolhouse Press.  The yarn looks like a kinky overspun pile that will torque in the garment, but it's knitting up straight and even, and lovely.  I think the color will be good on me. 

No comments: