Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fraternal

Well, clearly, mismatched socks are not an issue for me.  Last winter, I blew through most of my hand knit socks, leaving me with scant foot wardrobe for this season.  I've been working on these socks forever, it seems. Last month, I splurged on some double pointed needles from Signature Needle Arts to get me going on finishing these.  The yarn is Noro Kureyon sock, a finer weight than I usually prefer for my sock knitting, but I like these so much, I'm giving strong consideration to knitting more.  Would you like to learn to knit socks?  Registration's open at Knit 1, for Saturday mornings, four sessions beginning October 9. 
The Lucky Penny Hand Made experience is on the road again!  To the Gold Coast.  Saturday, we'll be at September Fest at Carl Sandburg Village, 1355 N. Sandburg (aka Clark St.).  11 am-4 pm.  I'm going to have delighful neighbors, and I'm sure I will be laughing a lot.  I'll have copies of Doggie Knits, sweaters for sale, some deeply discounted.  Get your dog ready for sweater weather.  It's coming for sure. 

No comments: