Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm A MidCentury Girl

I do love me some midcentury design.  I have pottery from the 40's and 50's, and we eat our meals in the Lucky Penny household, including Piccolo, off (mostly) vintage Fiestaware.  If I had it to do all over again, all of my furniture would be Heywood Wakefield.  That blond wood with the smooth corners.  I went kind of nuts when I found this fabric collection.  It's a Tammis Keefe commemorative.  I could swear that I own a vintage linen dishtowel with this print.  I'm waiting for the bolt (15 yards!) of this fabric that I purchased from an Etsy seller.  I have 6 + yards of it in grey right now.  Among other things, it's going to be the back of a quilt that I intend to use for Lucky Penny show display.  My show assistant for the recent holiday season made the comment that my booth display was the most colorful at the shows, and I want to continue to be most colorful.  You can't see in the photo, but one of the breeds included in the print is a Pekingese!  This fabric makes me so happy. 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It's perfect! Guess I'm partial to that time period, too. My favorite movies are from the 40's and 50's.