Saturday, April 30, 2011

Flip Side

If you think I'm nuts for making quilts for my dog, the fact is, she really uses them.  I put it down for her, and she knows that she needs to roll in it, and twist her face in it.  All of my dogs did the face twisty thing.  I think it's a Pekingese mannerism, probably because of that face wrinkle.  It's the cutest thing.  This is the flip side of the spotted quilt that I posted a few days ago.  It's like a double faced quilt!  I improvised the design with strips and patches.  Is this a barn raising?  Fabrics are Tammis Keefe, Denyse Schmidt, Moda, and some assorted reproduction vintage. 
Piccolo was super playful when I took this shot.  She was attacking and killing her little squeaky lamb, and playing catch with it.  Something about my mother's home makes her frisky.

No comments: