Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Burden

My most recent moving experience has left me feeling somewhat burdened by my possessions.  I love my new apartment, but it's smaller than the last one, and has no off site storage.  Over the years, I have gathered a lot of stuff.  Some makes it easier to live in my modest home.  It's a little easier to live with my new austerity plan with some beautiful collections to comfort me.  I have gathered yarn for two separate stashes, my Lucky Penny stash, small amounts for dog sweaters, and the personal stash, yarn in human garment amounts.  It's now become difficult to manage, even to gather yarn to do color recommendations for custom work.  So, in the interest of reducing my stash, I'm having a studio sale on Saturday, along with a few like minded friends.  We all like the good stuff, and we're passing it along, deeply discounted. 
Join me and my friends this Saturday, January 21, from 1-7 pm at Sara's Shoes, 4723 N. Winchester, Chicago, 60640.  Email me, luckypennyknits@att.net, if you need directions. 
Besides yarn, in dog and human garment amounts, I'll have some gently used knitting books, and copies of Doggie Knits (new, and not discounted) for sale.  Our host is an amazing shoe designer and cobbler, so you will be able to see her work, as well.

No comments: