Friday, June 14, 2013

Log Cabin Addiction

Another log cabin quilt, gifted to a friend that's having a baby girl later this summer.  I was going to knit a sweater, but the friend is a knitter with lots of knitting friends, so I thought a sweater would be one of many.  There are few in this circle of friends who quilt.  I had all of the fabrics in my collected fabric stash, so the only real expense was the quilting.  You can't see in the photo, but the long arm quilting is hummingbirds feeding on flowers.  I love it.  I have a big log cabin in progress for me, along with a monster scrappy trip along, also for me.  I'm thinking that I owe some married couple in my family a wedding quilt.  I'm starting to do the cutting for that quilt now.  I had to make a compromise for the setting color based on availability and my JoAnn's 50% off coupon, but in my world, green is a neutral, so I'll make it work.

No comments: