Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekends are Mine

We are trying to establish discipline in the Lucky Penny studio.  Like keeping Business Hours for the most part.  Working on projects pertaining to business during traditional hours.  I know there will often be times when we deviate from this, but for now there will be an effort to maintain discipline.  Sample knitting and design work are business.  Personal knitting might happen during a lunch break.  But for now, on weekends, it's my time.  This glove is what I knit this weekend.  It's Chinook from a Brooklyn Tweed collection.  In an effort to maintain austerity, I did some shopping out of my stash and found some Rowan Felted Tweed that worked perfectly.  It's a little thicker than Loft, but my hands are a bit bigger, so it works.  The big modification that I made to the pattern was to work a few rounds on the hand after I knit the pinky finger.  My pinky is set lower on my hands than the other fingers.  If I were to make these again, and that's likely, I would omit the fingers and just knit the top longer.  I like the option of being able to curl my fingers under the mitt when I don't need to use them.

No comments: