Friday, November 10, 2006

The Glue


On the outside, I think I come across as pretty mellow. But, all the tasks I need to complete have me a little addled, I think. It sometimes manifests iself in my sleeping life. Like the dream I had last night. I didn't sleep very well. The Man sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night (after falling asleep at 10 pm, which often leads me to tell him he gets more sleep than an infant), and will use the Nordic Track. Normally I sleep though this, but last night it woke me up. Then, the Man listened to the radio for a while, so I had even more trouble falling asleep. I had a bad dream that the Man, while still living with me, was in a relationship with some other woman, and I was breaking up with him, and he didn't care. These are not thoughts that I have in my waking hours. I told him this evening that I had a bad dream about him, didn't elaborate, and it just got a little chuckle. I've posted a picture of Piccolo, who I often think of as the glue that holds us together. That, and my cooking. We banter back and forth about splitting up (joking, people, despite the dream), and who would get custody of my dog. I'm convinced that in his care, her veterinary care would lapse, and one day, she would run in the path of a car speeding down our street. Would the Man tend to the cyst I found above her eye last night? No. Read no further if you're grossed out--I couldn't resist expressing it, but now we're going to the vet tomorrow to get it examined.
I really wanted to go to Lindsay Obermeyer's exhibit opening in Pilsen tonight, but it was sheets of cold rain, so that plan got scrapped. That, and the trip to Wisconsin that we were discussing.
I know what will make me feel better--taking a big whiff of my new Briar Rose yarns! I wish I was going to their open house tomorrow, but really, I've done enough damage to my finances at this point.

No comments: