Friday, January 26, 2007

Animal Cruelty


Maybe it's because I am more aware of designs out there for dogs, but it seems to me that there's a lot of patterns and books out there. Some good, but a lot of really bad. Things that don't fit. Sweaters that look like something that would fit a human, and just slapped on the dog. Embellishments that would cause injury if the dog moved the wrong way. One book has samples that are obviously machine knit. I showed another new book to the Man, a non-knitter, who thought the designs were awful. I'm not going to be specific. I know how hard it is to put something out there, and I don't want to get any bad karma coming my way because I outed someone for a not so great design. But, I can't hold back on this one, that I found in my email this morning. Look at how unhappy this poor dog looks! It looks uncomfortable, and potentially dangerous with all that hanging and dragging stuff, (imagine how dirty it would be after one walk on a city street) even for a Halloween costume. On so many levels, it's just wrong.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I bet it's heavy, too!

Sisters with Letters said...

This is very funny.! I got the same Lion Brand newsletter that you must have this morning and emailed everyone on my client list to alert them to what we WON'T be carrying/knitting at my store.