Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sweet Inspiration




Today, when opening up the internet, I found this lovely set of photos shot in Madrid, a pet blessing for the Feast of St. Anton. Not being a religious person myself, I had no idea there was more than one patron saint for the animals. I did take Gidget to a few pet blessings for the Feast of St. Francis. I thought that if any pet needed divine assistance, it was my little Gidget girl. I love that all the Madrid dogs are dressed. Perhaps its a gesture of respect since the pets are going to church, but it seems to me that the pet people of Madrid get it with regards to keeping a pet warm on a winter day. Plus, dressing your pet is part of the fun of the event! Looking at these images helps me to keep my eye on the prize, as it were, as I prepare to participate in another event. I love the red sweater on the white poodle, for the past few months, I've had red on my mind. It's a happy color for dogs. I also like that the dogs are wearing hats and hoods--it makes me think that the designs in my book may resonate with people. I'm working on my inventory and some personal stuff today, while the Man provides color commentary on the Bears vs. Saints game. I've got a few Bears colored wool kerchiefs to sell, so I have a vested interest in the Bears moving on to the Super Bowl!

No comments: