Sunday, January 14, 2007

Where to Stay


Yesterday, I was out running errands, and along the way found a post card announcing a new pet hotel in my neighborhood. With 24 hour staffing. Open Sundays. The location is Stay, a dog hotel and day care, at 4130 N. Rockwell. Near Irving Park Road and the Chicago River. There's lots of accomodations, a large play area, and a swimming pool like I've never seen. There's a basic overnight room, a deluxe with a view of the river, and a luxury with a web cam so you can check on your baby when you're away. I wanted to find better accomodations for Piccolo when we travel in summer, with a Sunday evening pick up so I can get her home right away when we return. I'm pretty certain she is miserable where we leave her now, but safe. I know that she stays in the back of her cage, and doesn't move, so people won't know she's there. I'm certain she has her sulking face on that we're all familiar with. I'm so excited to find a place that fits my requirements for Piccolo. I'm pretty certain I won't have her swimming, though, but the image of it makes me giggle.
When I was checking out the facility, I noticed a retail area, and asked if they would consider consignments. The staff told me about an upcoming event, the Flealess Market, on January 28th. One email later, and I'm in, baby! This is going to be an every other month event, featuring pet related merchandise, with a percentage of sales donated to a pet related charity. This time it benefits the organization Sit Stay Read, which utilizes therapy dogs to promote reading for underpriveledged second and third grade students. I'm all a twitter about the possiblity of having a regular venue to showcase my stuff. The complete vendor list will be announced soon, and I'll post that when it becomes available. Admission to the event will be free, and it looks like there will be plenty of street parking. I've got plenty of sweater inventory, but I'll be working on kercheifs for the show!

2 comments:

sweetfigs said...

OMG! This is fabulous! We went to Stay's open house a couple of weeks ago, and loved it. Wouldn't you like to live there yourself? Good luck with the show.

Laura said...

That's awesome news! I mean, both about the new hotel and the venue. I will definitely bookmark that and I'd love to pick your brain about a walker, too.