Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Vest Fest


I've said it before. I'm all about reruns and leftovers. If I like something, chances are I'm going to knit it again. I'm making wardrobe, people. Think about it--how many of you make the same sock over and over? Yes, it's another Rosebud. Which makes is four, and I'm contemplating the fifth. I've been noticing vests all over the place. The Winter issues of Knitter's and KnitSimple are chock full of them. It's the first Knitter's I've purchased in years, and it contains some stuff I would actually consider knitting. I've seen lots of vests worn on television. The most memorable was on Giada DeLaurentis on her show "Everyday Italian." It was argyle, and worn with a crisp white shirt! I have yarn set aside for an argyle vest for myself, inspired by the Playboy sweater I knit last summer. I must get that project in rotation while the moment's still here. Back to the Rosebud. It's knit in Briar Rose Fibers Sonoma, and I made it a little longer this time, based on the amount of yarn I had left over from the last one. Briar Rose is having a sale until the end of the month. Leave some for me, will you? I'm thinking I can't resist another one. I've also posted about my vests on their knitalong blog. Check it out for some other lovely work.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I never buy Knitter's but now that you mentioned that, I will go check it out. Love those cables!