Thursday, March 01, 2007

On Serendipity


If you've come over to look because of the story on Bonne Marie's blog, here's my side of the story. I had no idea until last week that there had been any resentment that I got the now vintage Socks that Rock before she did. I should have known not to come between her and that particular shade of green! As things turn out, I never finished the sock that I had started with it. I think the pattern I used just wasn't making it for me, so the neglected project just got thrown on the pile in the studio, where it's been marinating for the last three years. Perhaps the bad Karma created at the fiber festival was responsible for my socks never reaching completion! She was ripping her sock out, and I was taking mine apart at the same time, and the suggestion to trade just sort of flew out of my mouth. I'm gravitating to red colors now, as I've stated before. Hopefully now all is well with with Knitting Cosmos, and our respective socks will turn out fine. I think the whole thing is funny, and the socks that each of us make with our exchanged yarn will have that funny story. So, if anyone thinks that I'm offended or hurt, I'm not. It's hilarious. It's just yarn, people!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I thought it was very amusing--and somehow I missed that exchange at KIP last time even though I was sitting next to you. Sometimes things just work out AND, as you said, it is just yarn. (That's akin to what I used to say in college when people got their knickers in knots about something going on in the theater department: "It's just a school play!")

Michelle said...

I witnessed the conversation - and I can report that it was filled with love and good humor. :) Funny how things work out sometimes...