Saturday, March 03, 2007

Some Days It Just Doesn't Come Together


Yesterday, in the middle of errands, the wind was blowing the snow around so hard, that I gave up on driving and just went home. Before that, in a vulnerable moment, I had been at Knitting Workshop and ended up purchasing two vest's worth of sale yarn. Fortunately, the Man wasn't home when I brought the bag into the house! Today, I was pretty much in my pajamas until about 3 pm. I finally made it to the grocery store at 5:30. The new Whole Foods. It's huge, but the aisles are still too narrow for two carts to pass comfortably. Annoying. I spent a lot of money, and still don't think that I even got a week's worth of meals. A lot was spent on anti-inflammatory supplements. My knees have really been painful lately. I wonder if there's any cartilage left in one knee. I can hear them creak when I climb stairs. I don't know if it was the damp or the cold that made them worse than baseline, but going up the one flight of stairs to my apartment was uncomfortable. So, I'm doubling up on the glucosamine and chondroitin, and getting modest relief. After spending a few weeks last year, and in 2001, immobile, I will do whatever, short of surgery (and the many weeks of rehab), to keep moving. I may not look my age, but man, these last few days, I feel it. There's still cleaning, laundry, and projects to catch up on, but this time of year, hibernation sounds very appealing.

1 comment:

sweetfigs said...

Hang in there! Maybe a deep tissue massage would help.