Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Real Love


I'm taking care of three cats for friends while they are out of town for the week. They live exactly one block away, and Piccolo walked over with me this morning. I loved that she participated in the adventure, and she followed me around my friends' house to see what I was doing, and chased one of the cats. I don't know if these feelings are hormonally driven, but every so often this wave just comes over me. These strong feelings for Piccolo. Every day the bond gets deeper. Now, before you think that I'm totally nuts, I've had the same feeling for the Man from time to time. It's not that the feelings are only there sometimes, it's just on occasion they are overwhelming.
I've been meaning to forever, but I really need to get going on some new dog projects. After the last show, it's becoming more apparent that I need to have some patterns or kits. But, I've been in this groove of making things for myself. Fortunately, now with Summer almost halfway over, I'm starting to think about wooly items again. Probably the influence of the fiber show. I don't have pictures yet, but I'm in love with one of my wooly projects. 50% alpaca, 30% merino, and 20% silk. A perfect combination of texture and color. I put the project in my handbag so I can gaze at it and fondle it when I'm at work. When I'm alone with my project, I rub my face into it so I can get the heavenly scent. The really goofy thing, is that my project isn't any thing that someone would find inspiring, like, let's say, a Bohus that's been screaming to be knit. The object of my obsession is a scarf.

No comments: