Friday, September 07, 2007

A Vacation From Dog Sweaters


That's what I've been on for the last 6-9 months. Pretty much just making things for me, and a few gifts. I need to go back into production, but I've worn such a groove, and I know production won't resume this weekend. There's what's in my Ravelry groove that has me drooling. I'm going to Wisconsin today so I can get an early start with my Mom for the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival. I have two projects in mind that I want yarn for. The Placed Cable Aran from this current Interweave, and the Rannoch Dress from the new Rowan magazine. I'm totally fascinated with the idea of knitting things beyond vests (and sweaters). I also want to get going on my big sock monkey, but after a discussion with a friend last night, I may hold off until she gets the pattern so we can do a knit-along.
I'm going to the Sheep and Wool Festival with two non-knitters. My Mom, and a friend of hers. What is likely to happen, what usually does when I go to a LYS or a show with a non-knitting family member, is I end up with yarn intended for a project for that person. This show is going to have a lot more vendors that it did last year! I don't understand why it doesn't get more attention from Chicago. It's a lot closer than Allegan,MI, and the drive is a lot more pleasant.

No comments: