Friday, May 16, 2008


The top of Piccolo's quilt is done. The pattern is the In and Out by Amy Walsh from Blue Undergound Studios. It's a great design if you have fabrics that you really want to feature. I can't get over the cuteness, I must say. Stripes and dots, and little dogs in sweaters. The fabric for the back is a sweet little floral 1930's reproduction, and the long-arm quilt texture will be dogs and bones, stitched in red. The thing about the quilting for me, it's just another way to play with color. In this case, color and print together. I haven't chosen really daunting projects, and don't think I would in the future. I'm trying to buy fabrics with a specific project in mind, athough there has been just a little bit of stash accumulation. It's an amusement for me, but knitting is my primary love.

1 comment:

BertandFelix said...

There are many reasons why I like you....I have a Hoosier cabinet in MY kitchen. LOL.

Love the quilt! I am thinking that Bert and Felix need their own too...but I think they think my Urban Amish quilt is their's too.