Monday, July 21, 2008

Rest and Repair

Home today from the last event.  Not as fun as last year, because my display was sort of isolated from all the action that was on the lower level of the McHenry County College.  I'm not sure that I'll do the show next year.  The Man says that it's what I say after every show. Why do you keep doing them? he asks.  My reply is:  1.  I always think I'll do better next time.  and 2.  I still like to do them.  Most of the time, any way.
I'm still recovering from the venom in the Ravelry forums.  The comment--"there's no real life in that dog's eyes" (referring to little adorable Bee on the book cover) made by some nut who lives in a city with twelve dogs.  I'll bet her neighbors just love her.  She looks into her dogs' faces every day, I guess looking for life--and do they say back to her "hello hoarder?"  I find some satisfaction in the fact that someone at the show purchased a book to knit sweaters for her--Cairn terrier!  Take that, you terrier freaks! 
I did some damage at Briar Rose Fibers, which I expected to do.  I finally have the perfect yarn for a sweater from the Fall 2007 Interweave that I've wanted to make--now I can't find my copy of the magazine!

4 comments:

La Cabeza Grande said...

There's a reason I don't hang out much at Ravelry. While it is a great resource for many things, just as any public square, there are just enough rabid nutjobs lurking to ruin your day.

Doing damage at Briar Rose is, at least, some compensation.

Kim said...

I am needing a festival to see you and Chris to do some damage of my own. Can't wait to see you again - I'm traveling with my copy of your book!

BertandFelix said...

Terrier freaks...you are being to nice, oh wait..I am the whinning twit.

I am about half way done with the hoodie from your book. Love the pattern! I will have to do a show and tell when I am done.

Madame Purl said...

Those comments on that forum really stink. I can't believe someone would actually say those things. I thought all the dogs in the book looked really nice.