Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Feet!

I have so many projects on needles, it often takes a long time to get done.  I'm not a fast knitter.  I knit a lot of things, because I'm almost always knitting.  I can't remember when I started this pair, but they were finished in the last few weeks.  Monkey socks, a pattern on Knitty.  In Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, a weight I prefer to their Shepherd Sock.  Just my opinion.  If you like Shepherd Sock, I say Mazel Tov.  Besides the wool socks, lately my feet are very happy because of routine foot care that includes regular pedicures and slathering of Dry Heel Eliminator almost daily.  My heels were dry and deeply cracked, and my pedicurist reported a huge difference once I started using the cream.  I don't think of the pedicures as an extravagance, it's just a procedure that I need to maintain some sort of foot health, which appears to become more important as I get older.
We had a low key Thanksgiving with lots of food.   My knives were not the sharpest, so carving the turkey was more like ripping flesh off bone.  Piccolo stood underfoot during the procedure, and had drippings all over her head.  She had a crusty turkey mohawk, and having no pet or baby shampoo at home, I had to wash her little head with Dawn dish detergent.
So busy here at Lucky Penny HQ.  I have three shows booked in three weeks, and lots of other activities.  December is going to be jam packed.

1 comment:

Maggie Mae said...

Love the socks. I've only knitted plain socks, may be when I get enough nerve I'll try knitting fancy ones.