Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Force Majure

I was done with errands before 1 pm today.  Now, the Lucky Penny family is holed up in HQ, with a pot of split pea soup simmering on the stove.  I've been preparing since the weekend for the storm that's swirling about outside.  Piccolo was groomed, and I was able to get her in early, and I did the laundry.  I did have enough clean things to last a few more days, but by the time I would really need laundry done, taking it out to the laundromat in 20+ inches snow would have been a much harder slog.  I think the Man is going to go a little stir crazy, and who knows if he will do any work on cleaning that room now that he's in captivity.  But, I have lots of knitting and sewing to do.  This giant lace scarf is from More Last Minute Knitted Gifts, appropriately called Big Lace Scarf.  I used two skeins of Magnum, rather than the one that was called for, to make it nice and long.  I left enough yarn to make another micromus for Piccolo. 

No comments: