Friday, May 27, 2011

Feeling and Not Feeling

I lost a day today.  I should have been sewing, but I just didn't feel it.  Some knitting was accomplished, along with a few errands and some knitting time.  I was dragging because of the red wine I consumed last night, some hormonal stuff, and not sleeping well.  Anxiety here at Lucky Penny HQ.  We are going on a much needed road trip tomorrow, but when we get back, I just hope I can get through the next few days unscathed.  I have to appear at some law office for a deposition.  This is related to the job that I lost in 2009.  It was always my worst nightmare to have to do this, and now, after I had hoped to put things behind me, here it is.  I'm getting paid, after I pitched a fit to the attorney that was hired for me (although I'm not the target of this suit), but if I hadn't, I'm sure no compensation would have been offered.  Pay or not, I just don't want to do it.  I can't imagine what I could possibly contribute, as I have no real memory of what happened on a particular day in 2008 that I would have found uneventful.  I've been told that this inquisition could take many hours which ramps up my anxiety, and baffles me even more.
In better news, I'm working up some sweaters to be sold on another website, which will be a complete departure from the traditional Lucky Penny look, and machine washable, after finding a great yarn.  A few weeks ago I boldly washed a sweater from my own wardrobe in a front loading washer at the laundromat, along with the rest of a regular load, in Cheer.  I say boldly, because once that washer door closes, it can't be opened until the cycle is over.  The sweater came out perfect.

No comments: