Friday, May 20, 2011

Here's a little closer look at the buttonhole detail.  Yarn used was the recommended, Madeline Tosh Pashmina, purchased at Jimmy Beans Wool on line.  Colors are Twig and Silver Fox.  For the buttonholes, I remembered seeing a display from Miss Babs at a show with smaller skeins of sport weight for color work, and ordered a few hanks.  At one point, I had considered making every buttonhole a different color.  True to my process, I have another of these on the needles.  It's going to be opposite, with the garter ridges a light color against a dark grey.  I'm tickled with the color I have selected to outline the buttonholes in.
This design turned me around to the Stephen West porfolio.  I like the graphic-ness of his design, and have a few more in mind.  Actually, another design is in progress, and I have his Clockwork design in my queue. This shawl has gotten a lot of wear already.

No comments: