Friday, July 22, 2011

Salad Days

Salad is what's on the menu at Lucky Penny HQ.  It's too dang hot for anything else.  Big salads, with lots of stuff in them.  Drinking iced latte in the morning.  Drinking a lot of liquids.  It's too hot.  I'm dreaming of sweater weather.  Lovely crisp air, and me and Piccolo wearing wool.  How much longer?
I made this quilt top maybe a few years ago, when I was into my Sunshine and Shadow phase.  Currently replaced by my log cabin phase.  It came back from being long arm quilted a few weeks ago, and I've just finished sewing the binding on today.  This one is big.  It has quite a drop on the little full sized bed we've been using.  I was considering loaning it to my mom for a while, but it's making me pretty happy where it's at on this bed. 
Current mood is scattered.  Preparing for what's coming, and there's a lot.  Orders to fill, and perhaps a move.  With fewer occupants.  According to my astrologers, Pluto is moving through my seventh house of primary relationships, and causing trouble.  Because when you've just reached a milestone birthday, and having a crisis because your business is not what it used to be (welcome to America), the answer is to set a date to break up with your SO.  Piccolo and I will just keep moving forward, and I am looking for a smaller place, with room for my work, that will be safe for us.  If I've learned anything over the past few years, it's that I can't control the behavior of others.  But, I have to say, FU Pluto.  You're a bastard.

No comments: