Friday, March 15, 2013

Binkie

I've always been down on the triangle shaped shawl. I think that they only appear in public at knitting events, and not as regular street wear. But, I am in love with this piece. It combines things I love--a wooly wool, and gradient color. The original design is the Scalar Shawl by Breean Elyse Miller. I made it larger, using a total of 5 skeins of Imperial Stock Ranch Tracie. It's cuddly and highly functional. I find myself reaching for it when I need a little warmth when I'm on the sofa, or running Mad out to the yard. I can see this as a functional bed jacket, and I would totally throw it over my black coat. It makes a nice cuddle blankie for my little dog, too. She likes wool. I had some left over yarn, and I'm obsessed with what I'm knitting with them. Photos to come, but it involves stranded knitting and steeks!

No comments: