Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Study in Cables

My friend T and I saw this pattern for a house sock in Twist Collective last year, and decided we would do a knit a long, just the two of us.   I purchased the pattern and the yarn, and then life happened, and I started, and T never joined me.  We are still friends, by the way.  I've been working on them slowly, usually in the early morning sitting at the table on my back porch, so I can have a screen up with the chart.  I have to refer to the chart often, which is not normal for me.  The pattern is called Foxwood.  I'm knitting it using Shepherd's Wool, on size 3 needles.  The cuff is over two circulars, which I found works better with the cable chart. My normal preference for socks is dpn's.   After that, I switch back to the dpns for the heel and foot.  My progress as of today is one sock completed, and almost into the third  cable round repeat on the mate.  I'm going to have happy feet this winter when the drafts blow through, and my feet are all moisturized and wrapped in wool.  As I write this, I am desperate for my pedicure,  and even more desperate for a haircut.  What's going on with my hair is making me even hotter.  I hate summer.

No comments: