Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cooling Off

Last week, when the heat index was over 100 degrees, I finally had a meltdown regarding my hair.  I went to a salon a block away from work, and now I'm free of six inches of wooly blanket.  I am way more comfortable, and never letting it get that long again.
Speaking of things that I let go too long.  This little sweater.  It was a lot of knitting.  The pattern is from the book 60 Quick Baby Knits, but I modified it heavily.  Instead of intarsia in pieces, the body is one piece, with neck opening, front, and armholes steeled.  I knit facings for the armholes onto the sleeves so the raw edge from the cut open steeks are encased.   I made this to be a store sample at Knit 1, so you can see it there.
In personal knitting, I'm almost finished with the gusset decreases on the sock in the previous post!  Next up, for my morning knitting, I'm going to finish up some sweaters I started for (Piccolo) Madeline.

No comments: