Sunday, January 05, 2014

Danger

We're expecting an arctic blast in a few hours, and not leaving the house until Tuesday evening.  Madeline is being dressed in layers of sweaters and her little booties for excursions out, the shortest ones possible.  I love the Noro striped sweater I knit for her a few months ago, and thought that she might get more use out of it this winter if I knit a lining.  I picked up stitches around the neck, and I'm working down the body, leaving harness and leg openings.  My plan is to tack the whole business down around the edges with a slipped crochet stitch.   The yarn I'm using is Sandnesgarn Alpakka, a sport/dk weight alpaca in a cozy grey sweatshirt color.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my car starts, and I can get it out of the snowy parking spot so I can teach class Tuesday evening.  In the meantime, I'm cooking some hearty meals, knitting, sewing, and having a long winter's nap.

No comments: