Thursday, March 13, 2014

Brutal

A few months back I was saying that I don't mind winter all that much.  Now I'm ready to scream.  Just take a look at these socks that I finished not too long ago.  As my hand knit sock wardrobe dwindles, I wore this pair a lot.  I've never worn a pair out this fast.  It's not just a little hole--the entire heel is gone. So much for reinforcement.  I may just cut the cuffs off and knit new feet.  I hardly have any wool socks left.
Every day I'm on line looking for a new place for Lucky Penny HQ.  The Man is being useless in this process.  That's not new.  But so frustrating.  I looked at one place that was so tiny that I would have to get rid of at least 50% of my furniture.  The thing that really appealed to me was the idea of being able to do laundry at home.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a strong lead on a reasonably priced place with laundry and parking in a really good location comes through.  The search is getting depressing.

No comments: