Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Get the Hell Out of Here

Just when I thought 2014 was full of chaos, 2015 came along and kicked its ass.  One of the things that I learned this year was how vulnerable we are.  Me and Madeline.  The Summer of Misery ended with me leaving a situation that I never was going to prevail in.  I was involved professionally with a person who lacked respect for me, whose attitude had changed towards me, I think because of something that happened to her,  that actually had nothing to do with me.  I get bothered when people say that knitters are so nice.  They are a community like any other.  There are toxic people capable of treachery,  betrayal, and hypocrisy  who knit.
Madeline ended the summer with disc disease.  Just when all my shit hit the fan.  One of the constants in my life these days is a feeling of neither of us being safe.  We still live in the apartment building that we share with unstable landlords.  There was a second that we had an opportunity to move, and that quickly disappeared.
The last few months have had some sweet spots.  One was having weekends free to resume road trips with the Man.  The other was all the time that I now get to spend with Madeline.  Left to my own devices, I could get to a point that I might never leave the house.  I've had fun with the friends that remain, and I still teach private students.
Some professional relationships that I've started over that past few years are starting to flourish.  The next few weeks are going to be busy, and hopefully just the beginning of a recovery.

The photos are my 2015 best nine on Instagram.  Madeline and dog sweaters mostly.  I hope 2016 has more of the same.

No comments: