Thursday, March 30, 2017

I Need to Be Kinder to My Hands

My poor hands really take a beating.  In hot water a number of times a day.  It's amazing how many dishes two humans and one dog go through during a day.  I rely on my hands for so much.  I was treated to a no chip manicure a few weeks ago.  On me, it started to chip a week in.  I must admit that the pampering that my hands received was lovely.  I've had manicures before for special occasions, and they usually chip on me after a day or so.  It's not so much the nails that I'm concerned with, it's the state of my cuticles and overall dry and chapped hands.  I'm trying to be better about using lotion.  I need to baby these money makers.

2017 is shaping up to be the year of self care for me, which is coming with a pretty steep price tag.  I recently had a molar shatter, leaving a big hole.  This prompted the first visit to a dentist in years.  I'm phobic.  Turns out that it was a big cavity.  Now I'm girding my loins for an imminent root canal.  Which is going to require a Xanax.  I opened up a Care Credit account for Madeline, and now it appears that I will using it mostly for the dental work that my newly acquired insurance doesn't cover.
I'm hoping with the start of baseball season I have a chance to dig myself out of the financial hole that's getting deeper.

No comments: