Saturday, May 27, 2017

Now For Some Knitting Content


New mitts on a fresh manicure from a few weeks ago.  I used the Earl Grey pattern by Bristol Ivy as a jumping off point, and used the helical stripe technique from Mason Dixon knitting for the stripes.  The colors chase each other around, stopping three stitches short from the end of the round.  It prevents the seam that occurs when changing colors each round.  I turned the piece inside out so the purl side was public, and then worked the thumbs purl wise.  These are Brooklyn Tweed Shelter, colors Artifact, Fauna, and a few rounds of Hayloft when the Fauna ball went missing.  I decided to keep the imperfection when the Fauna cake re-apppeared.
I've been working like crazy.  Still broke, because after my car mishap, one of my molars shattered, resulting in a somewhat emergency dental visit that included a root canal, not covered by insurance.  When properly medicated with Xanax,  I don't care what they do in my mouth.  I found a dental practice that I really like, super nice and with a gentle touch.
My new diversion is the Hulu subscription that I got so I could watch The Handmaid's Tale.  I read the book many years ago, and the series goes deeper into the characters and relationships.  I would like to read the book again.

No comments: