Saturday, November 04, 2017

Because Austerity

I


Austerity measures in place here at the Lucky Penny Headquarters.  I've pared down my yarn consumption big time.  I think all the years before I was making purchases based on the thought that one day I might not be able to purchase yarn.  So, there is a big surplus.  Over the last few years my purchases were more driven by buying for a specific project instead of just buying a sweater quantity for something that I might make in the future.

I saw a sample of this piece at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool festival in September and I couldn't stop thinking about it.  All my purchases at the festival this year were for finishing projects that I had started, and one that I had planned for and needed another color.  I had all of the yarn to make this cowl in my stash or leftover from other projects.  It's the Turnagain by Julie Hoover, from Brooklyn Tweed's fall 2012 collection.  There's not many projects up on Ravelry and I don't understand why.  It's a lot of kitchener stitch at the end to finish it off, but other than that, it's just knitting.  I love this thing.  I have Loft leftovers from my Wake, my Woodfords, and a marled sweater that I knit for Madeline.
The problem is that now I want another, in a grellow type of color way.   I must finish a sweater that uses some Sweatshirt Loft so I can use it for Turnagain number two.

No comments: