Tuesday, January 16, 2018

2018, repeat 2017


More the same.  More dog sweaters. I've been thinking about some goals for this year.   Knit wise, the biggest is publishing the Doggie Knits designs as PDFs for individual download.  It was a goal for last year, but I really didn't have time, or make an effort to put aside time to do it.
For my personal knitting, I want to focus on finishing projects.  I have some warm weather garments that are needed in my wardrobe that I want to focus on beginning in March so I have them finished in time for wearing.  I also have plenty of sock yarn stashed away.  I desperately need socks.

My favorite sweaters have been taking a beating.  The worst is my Wake.  It's had some moth damage, and the elbows on the left sleeve have needed repair twice.  It can't take the friction from being rubbed against the arm rest of my car when I drive, which is a lot.  I used to knit a lot of vests in a previous work life where I wore a lab coat.  Now I think vests might be the answer for my rideshare job.  For years I've wanted to knit a fair isle vest--this should be the year I make it a goal.  I have been intimidated by color selection.  I could do something in Loft, because that color palatte all works together, or I might just purchase a kit from Ysolda's website.

Mad is wearing the first finished piece of 2018.  My own design, in a colorblock/easel combination.  The yarn is Harrisville Turbine, in the colors Barn Door and Farwell.  They have sport weight in the same palate, which would be fun to do a marl, or a consideration for my fair isle vest.

No comments: