Saturday, March 25, 2006

A Lifetime of Knitting, Continued


















A few years ago, my mother told me that she had plenty of hand knit sweaters. I was a little surprised at that statement, but now my attitude is, okay, more for me! Until the last year or so, when now she denies ever making that statement. So for Christmas of 2004, I gave her a bag of Noro Kureyon #138 with the promise of knitting her a sweater. She chose the Ribbing is No Yoke design from Knitter's Fall 2000. Remember when Knitter's actually had nice looking patterns? This issue has a few. I modified the bottom to eliminate the shirttail, because with the random Kureyon striping, I didn't want it to be mismatched at the bottom. Some mismatch I can live with, like the sleeves, and I think the short row shaping at the sleeves and back looks kind of good. I was re-knitting the bottom here, because my first attempt, a garter stitch hem, kept flipping up, and I didn't want to have me or my mom fight it with blocking all the time. My mom lives in the woods in Southern Wisconsin, and with these bright colors, there is no chance of accidentally being shot by a deer hunter.

No comments: