Friday, March 24, 2006

Out of the Way














Lesson learned from this experience. Piccolo should be the only dog in my household. She has colitis, the first time for her, which can be stress induced. Agnes will snarl at Piccolo when she's too close to the food dishes or too close to me. There was a little battle last night. While we are working out our issues, the rescue group that she belongs to contacted me about another adoption application for Agnes. I have decided not to stand in the way of this. She is a good girl, an adorable, happy little dog, but who knows if she and Piccolo will ever like each other? I would love to have things work out, but in the process, would Agnes miss an opportunity to be somewhere that would be happier for her? I'm not certain how much longer she is staying. She is groomed now, and her coat is shiny, and her feet are trimmed. She is walking so much better with her nails at the proper length. Sigh. It's a big loss. A failure.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Corrine, I love your little peke, Piccolo. I have pugs myself (and do pug rescue), and even though we are "competition" because I make handknits for pugs, I am going to link to your blog because, well, the title of a previous post was "Land of Pee and Poo", which pretty much sums up life with the besweatered furfolk.

I think you're doing the right thing by allowing Agnes to go. Fighting is never good, especially among the girls -- they can get really serious. Maybe Piccolo would do better with a fella as a companion?