Sunday, March 11, 2007

Vest in Progress


A work in progress. I like it, then I analyze it, and tweak it. This was the Market Vest, a Blue Sky Alpacas design. The original is for two strands of sport weight held together to be knit at worsted weight gauge. Why not just write it for the worsted weight yarn? Answer--because this way you buy more yarn. I guess that is what to expect when you write a design to be pattern support to a yarn company. Of course the objective would be to use more yarn. So, I had this vintage Annabel Fox Aran, and picked a few colors to work the stripes. Then I thought, stripe sequence + pattern row sequence, at the same time? There had to be a better way. So, self striping. Noro Kureyon, color #272. Which would be excellent for a man's garment. Annabel Fox Aran for the ribbed bands and back. I'm past the armhole shaping on the back, and the wide ribbed bands will break up the mismatched stripe sequence on the upper front.

I'm marinating some ideas to use stash yarns this spring. Can I not buy anything until Stitches in August? By the respective sizes of my stash and bank account, I need to.

No comments: