Thursday, August 02, 2007

An Interesting Proposal


Lucky Penny sometimes gets me on some interesting e-mail lists. Often it's from manufacturers in China or Turkey, and the text is translated to English. Offering to sell me dog sweaters wholesale made with high quality "string." Today I got one regarding sponsorship at a celebrity swag event for the prime time Emmy awards, with Sundance and the Oscars following. The wealthiest people apparently stay wealthy in part to getting lots of things for free. While part of me shudders to think about giving away a hand knit item, I'm incredibly intrigued by the whole idea of appearing at one or more of these events. I can't even begin to imagine what this all would cost. I have always thought that Lucky Penny is more of a luxury brand, and face time with a celebrity to promote it is something I've never been able to get.
Another reason August is the best fiber month is new Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits. I'm so wanting to start some fall stuff. Must get back into the Lucky Penny production groove (especially if I'm going to follow through with the Emmy thing). There's a great article in Vogue Knitting by Lily Chin about selecting designs to flatter your bod.
This is how you know that your apartment is too messy and you have too many projects--you can't find some yarn to finish one, or can't find the project to resume knitting. I've got both situations going on right now.
In the better living through chemistry department, I started on blood pressure medication yesterday. I had been trying to be more active, and be more careful about what I eat. The result is my blood pressure went UP. The nurse at work who had been checking freaked out, and got me anxious. The weird thing was, I could feel it. Like everything was tight, and I was going to explode. Perhaps it's the placebo effect, because this drug can take up to two weeks to be effective, but I feel better already. The Man has been insensitive regarding this. Every morning my fleshy bits get poked and pinched. This morning he said the high blood pressure was all my fault. Nice boyfriend. I asked him if he told his friend who has colon cancer it was his fault. Why is it that the most ugly things to say get saved for the people who are supposed to be the most important? My initial instinct not to tell the Man was correct, after all.
Monkey socks! The vanilla sock. Easy stitch pattern, 64 stitches on a size 2 needle for a good fit using sport weight yarn. One in Dream in Color Smooshy, color Strange Harvest, the other in Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport, color Vera. I'm not so sure the pooling works with the stitch pattern, but I'm committed now to knitting the mate.

No comments: