Lindsay tagged me to reveal seven little known things about me. I think that in the three plus years I've been tending to this blog, I pretty much have revealed most of my proclivities and eccentricities. So, perhaps I may be embellishing on things that you already know.
1. I love coffee, but rarely order it in restaurants, especially the ones that the Man likes. It usually tastes vile to me, and if I need caffeine, I order tea instead. You can't mess up hot water.
2. My sewing skills are not new. I've been sewing since I was ten years old, and for many years, made all of my clothes. I worked in a costume shop in college.
3. The best coffee cake ever is from a bakery on Roscoe, just West of Damen, called Rudy's. The cake is called The Special. It has the right combination of buttery taste, nuts, salty, sweet, with some custard filling. I just had a piece. Don't tell the Man.
4. I carry a tweezer in every bag, because I never know when the light is just right to expose that chin hair that I missed. Hello fifty.
5. I have a vintage souvenir handkerchief collection focusing on US states that I have been to.
6. I am by nature a loyal customer. When I like a shop or service, I tend to frequent it.
7. I prefer to listen to progressive talk radio or news when I drive. I can't stand all of the pop music stations that the Man has set on my radio. He says about himself, "I'm a rocker!" Hardly. Rocking chair, maybe.
I'm not good at tag, but here's who I want to learn about:
Mary, Joan, Andrea (she doesn't post enough!), and Laura
This is the Urban Amish quilt I made earlier this year in action, on our bed. Piccolo is playing with her favorite toy, her squeaky dawg. This is the toy I have to pull out of her mouth when I'm trying to get a sweater on her. Lately we take the toy outside, I throw it, and she goes for it. It's the cutest thing to see her walking down the street with it in her mouth.