Sunday, July 12, 2009

Getaway


I've been away for a while. This is where I was last month--taken from the walk in front of the Ferry Building in my favorite city, San Francisco. I've been spending most of my summer weekends in my other favorite place--Wisconsin. My base of operations has changed, as my mother has sold her home in the woods, and now has a place that's a short walk away from a bustling Wisconsin resort town. I will miss the home in the woods, and all the birds and wildlife that flourished there. It's a different type of life where she's at now, but I think things will be happy for all involved. I keep hoping that I can talk the Man into moving Lucky Penny HQ up there.
I've been made crazy with working the day job, and not in a good way, so these excursions North, however brief, have been such a welcome escape. I'm making a quilt for my mom's new place, and was distracted by finishing two quilt tops for Piccolo. I have a few more quilts for my own collection cooking in my brain as well. I also need to keep working on Lucky Penny every day, even if it's for a few minutes, so I don't forget who I am completely.
I have been itching to knit one of the Bohus kits I purchased a few years ago. I want to teach myself something for a design that's been on my mind. For the longest time, I could not find the kits. I finally was successful on Friday, and found them in a closet I hardly ever open. Such relief. I plan on starting this next weekend on the Forest Darkness.
I have a busy week coming up--work, two Chicago Craft Mafia meetings, and on Friday, an excursion out to the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair.

No comments: