Sunday, March 07, 2010

Craftsmanship

I said in previous posts about how I now had the gift of time, but truthfully, lots of time is spent spinning the wheels.  I am prone to losing my focus.  I need to be more disciplined with working towards my goals.  One of which is publishing patterns.  I designed a new sweater/coat for a custom order, but now have to write a pattern from the notes I took on the brown paper that I used to draft the original, and size it and sample it.  Can I get it done so I can display it for my upcoming show next month? I'm going to focus on it.
The photo is the inside of the Yoda sweater from Doggie Knits, Sweaters and Accessories for Your Best Friend.  Now in third printing, if you count the foreign language versions.  This piece is for sale in my Etsy shop. 
Quilting continues in the Workshop.  I think that the Log Cabin will be last year's Sunshine and Shadow for me.  Doing a jumbo sized for the household, which is a lovely blend of my collected vintage inspired fabric collection contrasted against white.  There's one in the queue for my mother, and I'm thinking of a Dog Cabin. 

No comments: