Tuesday, April 03, 2012

For A Baby

A sweater for a baby.  Not a baby sweater.  This is for an international baby, who will join my family this month.  The sweater is a 6-12 month size, but looks a little oversized to me.  I hope that it will still fit when he gets to the US.  This sweater is from the book 60 Quick Baby Knits, which, to me, is like a Joy of Cooking for baby stuff.   One of those books that has every type of baby thing, and most of the designs are really cute.  I was itching to knit this one.  It's in Cascade 220 Superwash, in a color that the Cascade rep describes as "hipster Gold."  Apparently all the cool kids like this color.  The only modification I made was in the center cable on the sleeves, I made one that would more closely match the one on the center body.
Spent the day running errands, and doing things in the apartment.  As always, I did not accomplish everything I wanted to.  That's the story these days. 

No comments: